Entrance requirements are based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed B.C. Grade 12 (or equivalent) or must be at least 19 years old at the time of program start.
- An intermediate to advanced level foundation in traditional game programming or strong proficiency in computer programming.
- A portfolio of 5-10 of their best pieces of work (e.g. code-snippets, online repositories, full projects, specific project credits, etc.) in digital format. The portfolio should showcase the student’s proficiency, creativity, and/or technical ability in collaboration, while reflecting one’s own technical interests and identity. Ideal portfolios will reflect a broad range of influences, languages, and subject matter.
Demonstrated English language proficiency, with one of the following:
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 20 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 19 in Speaking, and 21 in Writing
- ELA (English Language Assessment for VCC) 145
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8 with a minimum of 70%
- Successful completion of B.C. Grade 12 English or Communications or equivalent with a minimum of 70%
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit with a minimum of 70% or B-
- IB English A1 or A2 (HL or SL) with a score of 4
- Advanced Placement:
- English Language and Composition with score of 3
- English Literature and Composition with score of 3
*Please note that students who have not completed Grade 12 or equivalent may still apply to this program, but must be 19 years or older.
We look forward to welcoming you into our program. Applying is straightforward and involves just a few steps:
- Download and complete the application form
- Prepare your portfolio
- Prepare your documents: official high school or college/university transcript, proof of English language proficiency
- Submit your application through the Fee Payment Portal and pay the application fee
- Submit your portfolio and documents via email to the Program Coordinator at email@example.com
Once you submit your completed application, our staff will review your submission and will contact you to schedule an interview with an advisor and inform you of the next steps in this process. Please direct any inquiries and questions about the program to our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get started today!