Entrance requirements are based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed B.C. Grade 12 (or equivalent) or must be at least 19 years old at the time of program start.
- An intermediate to advanced level foundation in traditional art and/or game design or strong proficiency in computer graphics or computer programming.
- A portfolio of 15-20 of their best pieces of work (e.g. sketches, renderings, design variations, etc.) in either digital or hardcopy format. The portfolio should showcase the student’s proficiency, creativity, artistic range, and/or technical ability in collaboration, while reflecting one’s own artistic interests and identity. Ideal portfolios will reflect a broad range of influences, styles, and subject matter.
Demonstrated English language proficiency, with one of the following:
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing
- PTE Academic with a score of 58
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24
- ELA (English Language Assessment for VCC) 145
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8 with a minimum of 70%
- Successful completion of BC Grade 12 English or Communications or equivalent with a minimum of 70%
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit with a minimum of 70% or B-
- IB English A1 or A2 (HL or SL) with a score of 4
- Advanced Placement:
- English Language and Composition with score of 3
- English Literature and Composition with score of 3
*Please note that students who have not completed Grade 12 or equivalent may still apply to this program, but must be 19 years or older.
We look forward to welcoming you into our program. Applying is straightforward and involves just a few steps:
- Download and complete the application form
- Prepare your portfolio
- Prepare your documents: official high school or college/university transcript, proof of English language proficiency
- Submit your application through the Fee Payment Portal and pay the application fee
- Submit your portfolio and documents via email to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you submit your completed application, our staff will review your submission and will contact you to schedule an interview with an advisor and inform you of the next steps in this process. Please direct any inquiries and questions about the program to our Program Coordinator at email@example.com. Get started today!